Top News America

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Most Fascinating People 2009, Barbara Walters (PHOTOS)

 Michelle Obama named Barbara Walters most fascinating person 2009

Barbara Walters named First Lady Michelle Obama as her most fascinating person of the year.

"First lady Michelle Obama is shaping up to be more than the sum of her parts," Walters said, referring to Michelle Obama's famously toned arms.

"I have to say that my personal routine hasn't changed much in the past 11 years. I really started right after I had Malia, our oldest, and some of that, in all honesty, it was a little revenge because I'm married to man who has worked out all his life," Mrs Obama told Barbara.
Will Smith Barbara Walter’s 10 most fascinating people
"Regardless of how busy he is, he finds the time to work out. Malia was four months old and she was still waking up for that 4 o'clock feeding and I'd get up because I'd be the first one to hear her," Michelle continued.

"I thought, Well, I'm up, I might as well go to the gym and if I get to the gym, then he'll have to wake up and do that [next] feeding. I'll get a work out in and everyone will be happy. So if there's anything that I can attribute these arms to it's probably just determination."

Asked if she has any guilty pleasures, Mrs. Obama said she indulges in "really bad TV."

During her tenure as first lady, Mrs. Obama has promoted healthy living and taken steps to combat childhood obesity -- creating a vegetable garden on the White House lawn and holding health fairs with exercise stations for kids.

Barbara Walters' list of the 10 Most Fascinating People of 2009 included Lady Gaga, Sarah Palin, Adam Lambert, Kate Gosselin, Tyler Perry, Glenn Beck, First Lady of South Carolina Jenny Sanford, Michael Jackson's children and Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark