Top News America

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Barbara Walters crowns Michelle Obama the most fascinating person of 2009

Did you think Barbara Walters would go with Adam Lambert?

Ha! No, the legendary newswoman selected first lady Michelle Obama as the most fascinating person of 2009.

Walters offered her selections for the 10 most fascinating people in an ABC special tonight, and they ranged from "American Idol" runner-up Lambert to Lady Gaga to Glenn Beck.

In receiving the honor, the first lady also out-fascinated Sarah Palin, Tyler Perry, Kate Gosselin, Jenny Sanford, Brett Favre and Michael Jackson's three children.

So, actually, there were a dozen most fascinating people. And at least Babs didn't go with Mrs. Gosselin.

Mrs. Obama talked about how the demands of politics had bothered her. "I had always had this dilemma," she said. "It wasn't that I didn't believe in my husband as a phenomenal leader. I mean, that was always the pull -- because I always thought, 'Well, if I wanted somebody as my state senator, or as my U.S. senator, or as my president, I would want Barack Obama.' And the only reason he wouldn't do it is if I said no."

Walters asked if Barack Obama would have dropped out of politics if his wife had objected. "He would have," the first lady said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share/Bookmark